Do you have braces or are you thinking of getting them? Keeping your braces and other orthodontia clean is essential to ensure normal treatment time and functionality. If your braces are not clean, they cannot function correctly and your oral health treatment time will increase. Listed below are some tips for cleaning braces and other orthodontic instruments:
– Wearing braces should not stop you from caring for your smile. On the contrary, it increases your need for a consistent oral hygiene routine. Continue to brush and floss daily.
– Always attend your regular checkups with your orthodontist. At these appointments, Dr. Nehi Ogbevoen will check and tighten your braces as needed. Failing to attend means you may have your braces on your teeth for longer than anticipated.
– Never participate in high-risk activities or sports without first making sure you are wearing a sports guard over your braces.
– If you accidentally break your braces’ brackets, do not attempt to fix them on your own. Make an appointment with Beautiful New Smiles immediately.
– Various products such as mangoes, nuts, caramels and taffy can get wedged between teeth and braces. Try to avoid sticky and chewy substances.
– If you have a retainer, don’t leave it in too long as it can develop bacterial contamination. You’ll want to rinse it daily and clean it more thoroughly about once per week.
No matter which option for your orthodontic care you desire, Dr. Nehi Ogbevoen and our team at Beautiful New Smiles will make sure that you get the care and quality your smile requires. If you need to see us at our orthodontic office in Alhambra, California, just book an appointment at 626-458-8898. Come in today to learn all about the joys of a straighter smile!