Invisalign® is a series of aligners that are custom made just for you. The aligners are made of comfortable, smooth, nearly invisible plastic. The aligners are worn over the teeth and gradually shift them into their proper places. A new set of aligners is given every two weeks to help the patient progress in their orthodontic treatment. If you have malocclusion issues, talk to Dr. Nehi Ogbevoen to see if Invisalign in Alhambra, California, is right for you.
Invisalign can be used to correct a wide variety of alignment problems, including:
– Gapped teeth: Gaps between the teeth may be because of missing teeth or because of a jawbone that is too large for your smile.
– Overbite: The upper teeth sit too far forward of the lower teeth. This is caused by overdevelopment of the upper jaw, genetics, or poor oral habits.
– Underbite: Underbite occurs when the lower teeth sit in front of the upper teeth. This can be caused by undergrowth of the lower jawbone, overgrowth of the upper jaw, or both. An underbite can also be caused by missing upper teeth.
– Open bite: Some teeth do not make physical contact with the opposing teeth in an open bite. This is caused by an abnormal jaw structure or thumb-sucking.
– Crowding: This happens when there is not enough room in your jaw for your teeth to fit properly. Crowded teeth can get worse over time if not treated.
– Crossbite: A crossbite may happen if both the upper and lower teeth are misaligned, causing one or more upper teeth to sit inside of the lower teeth. This can happen on the front and sides of the mouth.
We encourage you to contact our office today to learn more and to schedule a visit with our orthodontist.