Brushing with braces can be a rewarding experience to broaden your skills for caring for your mouth. If you are wearing orthodontic braces, the simple tried-and-true tactics that we have employed our entire lives may not be enough. Brushing your teeth will require new angles to brush at and perhaps new tools to assist you. Listed below are some of the tactics you can use to help you clean your teeth in braces:
– Brush your gumline at a 45-degree angle. Also be sure to brush all your teeth at the gumline and above and below the braces.
– Always rinse your mouth with water before brushing. This can loosen any debris that has gotten stuck in your braces.
– Continue brushing your teeth twice a day and floss your teeth daily to prevent plaque buildup between hard to reach areas. Replace your toothbrush every three months.
– Make sure to keep up the habit of attending your professional cleanings and oral exams with your dentist.
– Be sure to clean your retainer once a week.
– Do not miss your regularly scheduled appointments with our orthodontist.
Our orthodontist at William B. Hentosz, DDS, INC can craft you a customized plan to determine which orthodontics treatments work best for your needs. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. William B. Hentosz, please call 626-458-8898 in Alhambra, California today. We look forward to making your smile healthy, beautiful and confident!