Are your teeth and braces getting the proper cleaning? When following your brushing and flossing routine while wearing braces, exercise caution and brush slowly and safety to avoid accidentally damaging them. Because flossing can be hard with braces, it may be necessary to add an additional level of treatment such as mouthwash. In addition, use these important tips to keep your braces clean and strong:
– Avoid foods and snacks that can get easily jammed in between your braces and teeth, including chewy candies, hard or tough foods and snacks, and various types of nuts.
– Never skip any appointments that you have with your orthodontist.
– Even with braces, you still need to brush your teeth twice per day and floss once daily.
– Always take the time to rinse your retainer and keep it clear from bacteria and contamination.
– If any wires break or snap off your braces, cover the broken end with a piece of wax and visit your orthodontist immediately.
– Always wear safety tools when playing contact sports or doing high-risk activities, including mouth guards, face masks, helmets, and any other safety gear that is necessary to protect your mouth.
To learn more about braces, contact Dr. William B. Hentosz and our team at 626-458-8898. If you would like an oral exam, our orthodontic office is located in Alhambra, California. We are here to proudly keep you and your smile healthy and aligned!